1. A nominee must be a native or have been a resident or have attended school or have coached or have worked in Marshall County, Alabama. Nominees may be or have been athletes, coaches, administrators, officials, team doctors, media, or any similar position who have made significant contributions to athletics and their respective communities.
2. Exceptions may be allowed for residency to be ten (10) years continuously, even if the nominee's achievements were made prior to moving to Marshall County.
3. A nominee must be at least 40 years old at the time of induction or inactive in the athletic category for at least five (5) years.
4. Any person may nominate someone to be considered for the Hall of Fame. The nominator is required to provide all necessary paperwork. An official nomination form may be requested at the following address: Marshall County Sports Hall of Fame, 12380 U.S. Highway 431 South, Guntersville, Alabama 35976.
5. All nominees will be screened intensively. Statistics, old record books, scrapbooks, newspaper and magazine stories or clippings, etc. will be considered when possible. Interviews about nominees may be sought by members of the Board of Directors when considered necessary.
6. While each nominee's athletic achievements will be of prime importance and consideration, his or her post-athletic record, as a citizen, will be weighed. A person must have also proven worthy as a citizen by carrying the ideals of athletics forward into his/her occupational endeavors and community service.
7. The charter class of inductees will include twelve (12) "Old-timers" (pre-1960) and twelve (12) from "Modern era" (post-1960).
8. Each year, the Selection Committee shall elect six (6) to ten (10) inductees. At least one (1) inductee shall be in the "Old-timer" (pre-1960) group.
9. Induction shall be held annually in the spring at a time and place to be selected by the Board of Directors.
10. Once a person is nominated, he/she will be considered each year for induction, without further nominations. However, further information about the nominee may be added to his/her file.